Thursday, March 12, 2015

Hexx Hall Series Review by Rachel Hawkins

Hello everyone, Today I am going to do a review on a Supernatural series. I feel like I have not done one of these in a while and I am wanting to give you a bit of a mix, so you can pick and choose depending on what you are in the mood for. This series is 3 Books and they are great. Here they are in order: 

Note: Click on the name of the books and it will take you to the amazon web site to purchase each book. 
By Rachel Hawkins 
This series is a book after each other, so they stay on the same theme continuesly, but it's not all in the same place, and of course as the book progressed the story does too. One thing I love about it is the fact that the books are quite long, there 337-350 pages each, there is plenty to read, and really not very many "fill in" chapters. Those quite honestly I have no patience for,(that goes for fill in chapters that quite frankly feel like they do not belong there or 100 pages so called books...), I love that this author is very good at not boring your brains out with family history and flash backs. There is just enough in there to make you want more, but not enough of it that you will feel the need for coffee break...
 I love that this authors way of writing completely transported me to Hex Hall, the narrative was explicit and at the same time intriguing. How did this place came to exist, why does it have the magic that it has and who put it there? How will this all come together into Sophie's life? Who will she choose... If you likes the Vampire Academy books and want to read something similar, then this is a great series for you. Sophie is a normal girl, until she is not. She can do things that other teens can't do and is causing quite the commotion because of it in the regular world. All of this leads her to Hex Hall, the reformatory school for kids who have no grasp what so ever on their powers... I hope that did not spoil the books to much for you...
 Now I will tell you what I like about the books: This is one of those fantasies that I wish could be actually true. It's about family and how they take care of each other, even if they are not physically there. Making new friends, getting out of your comfort zone and standing up for yourself. Sophie makes a very good teenage heroine. She will not take crap from other students, will tell you her mind, and knows right from wrong. This how ever, won't prevent her from being set up... But how? Well, you will have to read to find out. All in all, you'll laugh, love the characters, feel like Jenna is also your best friend... This series is a page turner, I read it two years ago and I still remember it and would love to read more from this author as well, since at the time this was all I could find. How ever doing research to be able to bring you the most updated information today I have found that there is another book by Rachel Hawkins that looks very promising and will be reviewd soon here on he Blog as well. Stay Tuned for Fridays Sassy and Sexy book review. Don't forget to give me a thumbs up if you like it and found this helpful. Hope you have a great book making you company! Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment